Hello Ladies! My name is Etrulia Troy Lee, M.Ed, Ph.D, aka “The Wellness Preacher” and I am the founder of Women Enlightened & Economically Empowered, LLC (WEEE). WEEE helps women grow in wisdom, wellness, and wealth. I strongly believe that success and lasting change begins and ends with mindset: whether it is changing one’s eating habits to achieve optimal wellness, having the courage to pursue one’s dream, or making a determination to prosper financially. It all begins with the renewing of the mind through embracing God’s wisdom found in the Holy Bible. Yes, you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you!
I am lifelong learner and am constantly learning something new. I completed her undergraduate work in education at Cabrini College in Radnor, Pennsylvania and my Master’s Degree, also in education, at University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland. I later went on to study holistic nutrition and completed a doctoral program at Clayton College of Natural Health. Along the way I have completed certifications in life coaching and also am a vegan coach.
Some people careers are a straight path…mine can be described as a winding road. I have this crazy idea that I should always do what makes me happy! So…my career highlights include:
- Classroom teacher
- Daycare Director
- Education Consultant
- Owner Chamike Publishers: Created Phonics Is My Way Reading musical reading series for young children
- Principal, Shabach Christian Academy
- Instructor USDA Graduate School
- Education Division Superintendent, Shabach Ministries, Inc.
- Holistic Nutritionist
- Adjunct professor of nutrition, Global Health College
I was raised in church and like so many young people, I made of the mistake of thinking I was grown enough “to do my own thing” in my lat teens and early twenties…not! Thank God he arrested me in at age 29 when I re-dedicated my life to Christ and have been walking with the Lord since. All praise to my heavenly Father! My ministry highlights
- Sunday school teacher
- Director of church social events
- Member Church Board of Directors
- Director of Children’s Church
- Director Vacation Bible School
- Short-term missionary to Kenya
- Facilitator Master Life Discipleship Series
- Vice President Health Ministry
- Ordained Minister
- Author: Eat Yourself Slim & Never Diet Again
- Author: Accelerate to Awesome: How to Get Clarity, Remove Distractions, and Achieve Your Goals.
- Author: You Can Win! Success Principles That Took Me From Low Income & Low Self Esteem to Confidence & Prosperity
- Author: Power to Persist Prayer Journal
Speaking Engagements/Appearances (Partial Listing)
- Charlotte, N.C. Chamber of Commerce
- American Business Women’s Association Charlotte N.C. Chapter (Won Speaker of the Year Award)
- American Business Women’s Association, Washington, D.C. Chapter
- Think on These Things with Lyndia Grant, 1540 AM Radio Show
- Executive Office of the President Employees (presented with certificate of excellence for training)
- Prince Georges County Child Resource Center (numerous appearances)
- Montgomery County Day Care Association
- Women Doing It Big Annual Conference
- Author’s Brunch Just Friends Book Club
- Education & Training Day First Baptist Church of Glenarden, Glenarden, MD
- Women’s Conference First Baptist Church of Glenarden, Glenarden, MD
Women’s Ministry Zion Baptist Church, Landover, MD
- Mt Jezreel Baptist Church, Silver Spring, MD
- Women’s Ministry, New Song Bible Fellowship Church, Landover, MD
- Matthews Baptist Church, Washington, D.C.
- First Baptist of Brentwood, Brentwood, MD. Holy EmpowerHERment conference
- Ms. Deborah’s Tea Room (T.V. appearance)
- Antioch Baptist Church, Clinton, MD
- Internal Revenue Service Telecast to all IRS employees
Now is my sizzling sixties, I am still growing, learning, and helping other women to gain wisdom for their life, wellness for their body, and create wealth for now and future generations.
I have many “Troyisms,” but one of favorites is:
“Life is not a dress rehearsal. You only get one chance. Choose to live your best life now!